Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Scripture Conversations

Hi, We are having a little fun this afternoon with one of our pastors from the rurals - Bishop Chris - the one who comes pleading a lot for things for the people and we have had to pretty much put an end to it. However, he doesn't give up easily. These are the text messages that have been going back and forth this afternoon - you might have to look up a couple of scriptures if you want to get a chuckle. At least Bishop Chris is proving to have a good sense of humor. He told us the other day that he had ask some of the people to repair the road and then they would receive clothes from LDS Charities. We had told him there were no more clothes for him and we did not know about any of this.

Elder B: We haven't heard from you. Are you still alive?

Bishop Chris: I am alive but I have a problem of people who constructed the road who I ask to in order to get clothes from LDS Charities. Having faith in you and your organization, I did that.

Elder B. Why did you tell them that? We already told you there was no more before you started.

Bishop Chris: Elder, I am sorry. I will never do that again. Help them please. I need you to pull me out.

Elder B. But Bishop, when we came to your place with clothes and blankets we told you there would be no more, so why did you say that?

Bishop Chris: By the grace of God, can you do something for these people. They did a very good job.

Elder B: I don't have any clothes to give them. I already told you that.

Bishop Chris: We need only 3 bales of clothes, by grace.

Elder B: Sorry we had to go out and I forgot the phone. I don't know what we can do. As I explained before there are other projects. I doubt there will be any clothes remaining. I have no clothes to give.

Bishop Chris: Matthew 14:30 is my position. O Elder! (scripture: "But when he saw the wind boisterous he was afraid and began to sink. He cried, saying, Lord, save me.")

Elder B: Read in the Book of Mormon, page 380. Helaman 5:40-41 for your solution. (Scripture: "And it came to pass that the Lamanites said unto him, What shall we do that this cloud of darkness may be removed from overshadowing us? And Aminadab said unto them, "Ye must repent and cry unto the voice even until ye shall have faith in Christ, who was taught unto you by Alma and Amulek and Zeezrom. And when ye shall do this the cloud of darkness shall be removed from overshadowing you.")

Bishop Chris: Repenting and crying is what I was doing until you ask me whether I am alive and I am still going to do that so that this dark cloud shall be removed. Be blessed.

Elder Bullock is starting to waiver - saying, "maybe we should help him". However, I really don't think we can.

E/S Bullock

1 comment:

  1. LOL! You are right. He does have a sense of humor. He knows his scriptures.

    ReplyDelete